The Olympics of the Visual Arts Since 1923 (91 years) www.artandwriting.org
· The longest-running, most prestigious recognition program for creative teens in the U.S
· The nation’s largest source of scholarships for creative young artists and writers
· Past winners includes Andy Warhol, Sylvia Plath, Truman Capote, Richard Avedon, Robert Redford, Joyce Carol Oates, Stephen King, John Updike http://www.artandwriting.org/about-us/alumni/
· Partners with more than 100 visual and literary arts organizations in local communities.
· Teens in grades 7 through 12 can apply in 28 categories of art and writing
· All students can enter in Public, Private, Home and Virtual Schools
· Works are exhibited or published
· Submissions are juried by professional artists.
· Panelists look for works that best exemplify originality, technical skill and the emergence of a personal voice or vision.
· In the last five years alone, students submitted nearly 900,000 original works of art and writing.
· 60 top art institutes and colleges have partnered with the Awards to make $40 million in scholarships and financial aid available to regional and national Scholastic Award winners.
· Tiered competition, from local, regional to national
• Ceramics & Glass
• Comic Art
• Digital Art
• Film & Animation
• Mixed Media
• Video Games
• Art Portfolio