Join us in celebrating this year’s Leslie Beddard Scholarship winners! These art educators are headed to the Florida Art Education Association Conference in Orlando, FL!
- Denise Clodfelter
- Marie-Andree Escriba
- Patricia Holloway
- Kevin Kelly Jr.
- Halina Kilburn
- Delena Lambert
- Mary McCormick
- Deborah Scarbrough
- Kathleen Schmidt
- Patti Wright
Contributions to our organization make scholarships like this possible and we thank our donors and partners for their generosity!!
To learn more about the Leslie Beddard Scholarship and the educator who began this tradition, visit our page: https://nefaea.org/teacher-scholarships/
Our DCPS Visual Art Subject Area Meetings looked a little different this year, but it was AMAZING to see all of our Duval Art Friends again! Enjoy these pictures of our adventures and be on the lookout for some upcoming events this fall!!
Teacher return is NEXT WEEK!!! We can’t believe it! We’ll miss the summer, but we are SO EXCITED to see our art folks and our STUDENTS!!
Meet us at LaVilla School of the Arts at 12PM for the DCPS Visual Art Subject Area meeting when we kick off a new year!
This year’s spring juried member show will be at FSCJ Kent Campus beginning March 26th. Submissions will be made digitally! Here is everything you need to know:
• Limit 4 pieces per member, $5 per piece. Entries can be purchased at: https://squareup.com/store/NEFLArt/
• Submit high quality photographs of the submissions (1 photograph for 2D work, max of 3 photographs for 3D work) digitally by saving all submissions to a folder and then share this folder via OneDrive with me (please make me editor). Directions for using OneDrive are available on our Art Exhibition and Contests webpage.
• Please remember to share with ScannapieS or Stephanie Scannapieco.
• Within the folder, please include a copy of the application with all the information filled out, including your receipt number for your entries.
• Save each piece as follows:
o YourName.TitleOfWork.ArtWorkNumber (example: Scannapieco.Landscape.1)
o YourName.Application.NumberOfPieces (example: Scannapieco.Application.4)
• Work must be completed within the last 2 years.
• Digital submissions are due by Friday, March 8th at 5 PM.
Preparing Work for Exhibition:
• Notification will go out on Monday, March 18.
• Drop off your art at the Art Resource Center (2924 Knights Lane East, Building 2, Jacksonville) Tuesday, March 19 or Wednesday March 20th, from 1 pm to 5 pm.
• All art must be ready to hang, either on wire or by a durable frame. If it is not ready to hang, it will not be accepted into the show.
• The show will be at FSCJ’s Kent Campus beginning Tuesday, March 26. The opening reception will be that evening from 5-7 PM.
• The show will go through Monday, May 5. Work will NOT be available for pick up until the week of May 20-24.
• After the show, any work not picked up by Friday, May 24th will become property of NEFAEA for the purpose of fundraising. This work will then be put up for auction/sold at our future events.
• NEFAEA and FSCJ are not responsible for any damage that may occur. Please consider this when submitting work with glass frames.
There is one week left to enjoy our 2018 NEFAEA Spring Juried Member Show at FSCJ Kent Campus!
Check out our post and pics on our Member Exhibitions page!
Enjoy this sweet video created by Jonathan Lynn of the 2018 Northeast Florida Scholastic Art Awards Gold Key Exhibition! Nice work, Jon!
The art educators working with Northeast Florida Art Education Association (NEFAEA) & Northeast Florida Scholastic Art Awards (NEFSAA) are raising money to support this year’s Scholastic Art Award events for our regional affiliate.
This organization provides a space for the talented visual art students of northeast Florida to showcase their work, to be celebrated and honored for their creativity, and it connects winning students with college scholarship offers when they graduate and want to pursue post-secondary education!
In 2016, regional student winners earned $4.2 million in college scholarship offers while in 2017, student winners in our region took home $5.1 million dollars in college scholarship offers!
Last year, we adjudicated over 2500 student submissions from over 900 students around northeast Florida. Just over 500 students earned 924 regional awards and top winners went on to national adjudication through the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards in NYC.
We are a group of volunteer art educators, retired art educators, artists, and art advocates. This regional program has grown over the last 7 years and so have our monetary needs to keep it going. The money raised from this fundraiser will go directly to supporting this year’s event supporting art students and educators in northeast Florida.
Click here to help support the 2018 Northeast Florida Scholastic Art Awards
We used Facebook as our platform for this fundraiser because Tuesday, November 28th is “Giving Tuesday” and Facebook has pledged to match donations offered to Facebook fundraisers on Giving Tuesday!
Please consider joining us, especially on Tuesday when your support can be doubled for free!
Thank you for your time and support!
You’re invited to join us for an evening of art, artists, music, dancing, live and silent auctions all in support of northeast Florida’s Art Education community!
We’ll have live music by the wonderful and talented Tropic of Cancer, tasty eats, delicious refreshments and an amazing collection of north Florida’s finest artists and cultural connoisseurs. Your ticket and participation in our silent auction will benefit NEFAEA’s support of the Northeast Florida Scholastic Art Awards and our scholarship program for area teachers and students. It’s a great cause and you’ll have a fantastic time!
The party is happening at The Space Gallery in downtown Jacksonville on Saturday, November 4th from 6-9PM. Live auction is at 7:30!
Click here to purchase tickets for this event (link will take you to our Eventbrite page).
We cannot wait to see you there!
We’ve been doing what we do best–creating art! We are working to create new art education opportunities through our own art! Come find us at Avondale Art Walk on St. John’s Avenue on the second Thursday of every month where we have a tent of items for sale–all proceeds go to to art opportunities for students and teachers in northeast Florida! Next event is November 9th from 5-9 PM!